Quotes by Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.

Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Other Great Authors


Don't you wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence There's one marked 'Brightness,' but it doesn't work.

Gallagher

Have I inadvertently said some evil thing?

Phocion, from Plutarch, Apothegms

You are 87% water; the other 13% keeps you from drowning.

P. E. Morris

Creativity represents a miraculous coming together of the uninhibited energy of the child with its apparent opposite and enemy, the sense of order imposed on the disciplined adult intelligence.

Norman Podhoretz

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant.

Horace »

I'm very pleased with each advancing year. It stems back to when I was forty. I was a bit upset about reaching that milestone, but an older friend consoled me. 'Don't complain about growing old - many, many people do not have that privilege.'

Earl Warren »